The Mechanics role is responsible for diagnosing and repairing simple and complex automotive and heavy equipment issues, and performing routine maintenance tasks for company owned assets. Mechanics will use state-of-the-art computer diagnostic equipment to pinpoint issues and develop a cost-effective solution for each asset.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conduct regular maintenance on machinery, systems, and automotive vehicles.
- Meet with fellow co-workers to better understand their concerns related to heavy equipment or their company issues vehicle.
- Assemble mechanical components according to specifications.
- Examine machines and oversee diagnostic tests to determine functionality problems.
- Create or maintains work order for repairs and maintenance.
- Monitors inventory and orders new parts when necessary.
- Offer consultation on maintenance and preventative procedures to machine and vehicle users.
- Perform vehicle assessments and alert co-workers on issues that will prohibit their vehicle or equipment from being operated.
- Strong communication skills
- Good diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Dexterous and energetic
- Educated and certified
- Innovative and ability to learn fast
- Organizational skills
- Teamwork capacity
- Teamwork orientation
- Decision making
- Time management
- Ethical conduct
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma
- Valid Driver’s License
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of tools and equipment required to conduct all repairs
- Ability to operate diagnostic tools