The Executive Vice-President of Construction provides leadership, vision, and direction for multiple aspects of construction, including Project Management, Contracts, Field Operations, Equipment, Environmental Compliance and Safety. Must provide technical oversight for all company projects. Responsible for helping the company to achieve financial goals and objectives, while increasing operating performance and developing short and long term strategic plans and pursuits.
Responsible for promoting a team-oriented approach to responsible management of the Construction Divisions. As a member of the Executive Management Team, this person must fully participate in all aspects of managing the company including business planning, budget preparation and forecasting, capital investments, corporate policies and procedures, and solving internal or external issues as they arise.
- Manages multiple projects, project management staff, field operation staff, equipment, and safety management.
- Coordinates with pre-construction management planning, estimating, and design teams.
- Actively participates in project manager meetings and bid reviews.
- Evaluates and manages risk throughout the construction division.
- Implements timelines and critical path scheduling for initial project start up.
- Works closely with Senior PMs, PMs, and General Superintendents to review all majority subcontractor and material bids.
- Actively participates in project constructability reviews.
- Works with Director of Human Resources in the career development of lower tier supervisors and managers providing training and development goals, performance evaluations, and training for each team member.
- Works with Director of Human Resources to identify, attract, and retain new and current top talent.
- Works with leadership to develop short and long-term strategic plans for the organization around the growth and development of construction.
- Oversees all aspects of revenue generation and identifies ways to maximize construction revenue.
- Oversees construction workload and assures proper talent utilization.
- Works with President/CEO and Director of Finance to prepare budgets and analyze financial reports.
- Works with Director of Human Resources to develop and implement company policies and procedures and ensuring all are followed by the construction division team.
- Reports and shares key factors influencing the performance of the construction division with the President/CEO.
- Develops and manages highly productive relationships and partnerships for the benefit of the organization.
- Set goals, monitor work, and evaluate results to ensure that departmental and organizational objectives and operating requirements are met and are in line with the needs and vision of the organization.
- Works alongside community leaders, executive directors, major donors/funders, government officials, and company executive team members.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the President/CEO.
Requires the ability to guide, direct, and coordinate the work of multiple activities at the same time. Excellent organizational skills, ability to plan projects and jobs, prioritize work and meet deadlines. Must be a dynamic individual who is client-oriented while keeping the company’s interests in mind. Additional required skills/abilities include:
- Excellent communication, organization, time-management, and leadership skills.
- Diplomatic and motivational skills, including the ability to lead up, across, and down multiple business and technology organizations.
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands.
- Effective team-building skills with technical and non-technical staff.
- Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to efficiently troubleshoot problems that come up during projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to influence and spur change and to facilitate and enhance performance within a cross-functional environment.
- Exceptional planner and experienced in developing budgets.
- Extremely detailed oriented and an analytical thinker.
- Experience in staffing, process improvement, and supervision.
- Strong presentation skills.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, construction or related engineering field is required.
- Must have 12+ years of experience in the area of construction management. Related positions include Senior Project Management, VP of Construction, Construction Division Manager, Director of Project Management, Senior Estimator, or Director of Preconstruction.
- Proven success in project management, estimating, negotiations, planning, construction engineering, budget development, and strategic planning.
- Experience with multiple contracting methods including Design-Build, T&M, Firm Fixed Price, Negotiated, etc.
- Possess strong analytical and conflict management skills and the ability to trouble shoot issues.
- Proven track record of strong leadership, mentoring, communication, and team building skills.
- Skilled at establishing and working collaboratively in a fast paced, dynamic team environment with multiple projects.
- Ability and willingness to travel to various locations as required.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Primavera, Viewpoint, Sage Estimating, or equivalence.
Interested applicants may submit an online application with resume upload option or email resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.