The General Superintendent reports to the President and will manage a team of Construction Superintendents across multiple job sites. The ideal candidate will have experience and be skilled in scheduling and field leadership, using technology, and have proven success at developing a team and delivering projects in accordance with Crow project management fundamentals of safety, cost control, scheduling, and quality.
• Act as an intermediary between and advocate for Superintendents and other field employees with management.
• Coordinate and work alongside Senior Project Managers to schedule and staff jobs.
• Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
• Plan, schedule, or coordinate construction project activities to meet deadlines.
• Aid project management in the submission of budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports.
• Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes or other regulations.
• Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with environmental regulations.
• Plan, organize, or direct activities concerned with the construction or maintenance of structures, facilities, or systems.
• Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction means and methods.
• Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites to ensure that proper construction procedures are being followed.
• Aid project management in the submission of contracts or negotiate revisions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, or subcontractors.
• Develop or implement quality control programs.
• Implement new or modified plans in response to delays, bad weather, or construction site emergencies.
• Direct and supervise construction superintendents, foreman, and trade workers
• Work directly with the construction superintendents to determine the resource requirements for the construction sites.
• Fulfill the role of construction superintendent on an interim basis in the event of emergency or other project related demands.
• Aid project estimators in bidding or project development as may be required. To include pre-bid meetings and project walk downs.
• Verify Superintendents and Foreman have completed daily equipment inspections.
• Participate on the Crow Safety Committee.
• Assist/lead in the Incident Investigation Process.
• Knowledgeable about the industry and the job at hand.
• Focused on the big picture with the ability to keep small details in mind.
• Excellent communication, organization, priority management, and planning skills.
• Diligent in enforcing quality and safety measures.
• Engaged and seeks opportunities to improve the end product for the owner.
• Professional and leads by example.
• Promotes integrity, collaboration, and teamwork.
• Excellent at performance management.
• Strives for zero injuries on all projects.
• Ability to follow directions, accept criticism, and take initiative when required.
• Comfortable and diligent in enforcing and training on Crow’s project management fundamentals.
Education and Experience:
• Ten years+ related experience as a construction superintendent.
• Completion of OSHA 30
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role managing multiple teams.
• Expert knowledge of construction standards and best practices
• Proficient with computer technology, Microsoft Office suite, and project management programs.
• Health Insurance
• Dental and Vision Insurance
• Health Savings Account (HSA) – Employer Matched
• 401K – Employer Matched after one year of employment
• Paid Vacations
• Company Truck and Phone
• Company Credit Card for Business Expenses