This person reports directly to Senior Project Managers and directs all aspects of a project from beginning to end on-site. The ideal candidate will have excellent leadership qualities that allow him or her to take control of a project and produce results.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, schedule, organize, direct and control construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget
- Communicate with owners including but not limited to preparing progress reports and issuing progress schedules a
- Oversee day-to-day field activities
- Supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff
- Conduct on-the-job-training activities
- Conduct daily job site safety assessment meetings and maintain daily jobsite log
- Interviews and select workers for the job site according to the needs of the project
- Knowledgeble about the industry and the job at hand.
- Focused on the big picture with the ability to keep small details in mind.
- Excellent communication, organization, priority management, and planning skills.
- Dilligent in enforcing quality and safety measures.
- Engaged and seeks opportunities to improve the end product for the owner.
- Professional and leads by example.
- Promotes integrity, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Excellent at performance management.
- Strives for zero injuries on all projects.
- Ability to follow directions, accept criticism, and take initiative when required.
- 2 or 4 year degree preferred or extensive related experience as a construction superintendent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role.
- Ability to read construction documents.
- Familiarity with regulatory construction standards.
Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, employer match Health Savings Account (HSA), employer matched 401k, paid vacation, bonuses, company truck, and company phone.