A Foreman will work under a Superintendent directing personnel to do their jobs in order to complete the project and may include training or discipline requirements. Administrative responsibilities often involve planning and coordinating a job, ordering materials and managing manpower to ensure the job is completed on time and within budget. Customer service duties may include everything from selling a project to being personally responsible for its delivery. May have to provide progress reports and tours to customers.
- Oversee training of crew members necessary to successfully complete projects;
- Monitor progress of a project to keep it on time and on budget;
- Ensure workers are qualified and knowledgeable about their roles and make assignments according to skill sets;
- Generate progress reports as assigned;
- Make decisions related to supplier and vendor relationships as assigned;
- Ensure safe working conditions and compliance with all safe operating procedures specific to the industry;
- Communicate effectively to project managers/supervisors;
- Ability to read plans and specs;
- Attention to detail and quality control.
- Knowledge of the trade
- Communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong leadership skills and and ability to lead by example
- Ability to train new employees
- Ability to plan and meet deadlines
- Ability to problem solve
Required Education and Experience
- At lease five (5) years of experience as a construction laborer and/or supervisor preferred;
- In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment, and OSHA requirements;
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, plans, and blue prints;
- Aptitude in math;
- High school diploma, equivalency certificate, or diploma in a skilled trade preferred.
Crow is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits. Application review will begin immediately and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Send resumes to email@example.com or complete an application here.